Friday 5 September 2014

The Jerwood Space Cafe

The Jerwood Space Cafe is situated on Union Street, 4 minutes walk away from Borough and 15 minutes from my workplace in Elephant and Castle. From the outside, you would expect an art exhibition centre, which is what Jerwood Space is essentially. However, you wouldn't expect a little cafe sitting inside, with 3 different types of eating areas: inside admiring the wall art, in the glass conservatory, and outdoors on the patio.



I would recommend you check out the Prism display, which is hidden away in a dark room behind a black curtain. Inside are several prisms aligned together, creating beautiful colours on the walls around you. I also enjoyed covering the lights beaming into the prisms, which changes the sequences of colours that you can see.



Food wise, I had a Sweet Chilli Noodles with Salmon, which took about 10-15 minutes to arrive. For me, this dish was a bit too westernised, with a bit too much sugar and too little chilli. I believe, however, people not accustomed to Asian food, however, would enjoy this dish. The salmon was cooked to perfect, it was so scrumptious, and the veg was neither overcooked or undercooked. The only problem I had was with the sauce, as I mentioned earlier.

I think this unique little cafe is perfect for lunches by yourself, with friends, or even with clients. It's a very nice atmosphere, and all the hot foods are cooked on the spot, just for you.

Discover Their Menu Here!

Rating: 7/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment