Friday 26 September 2014

New York - Everything I Thought It Would Be & More!

Spontaneous trips? Why not?! When I went to the US for the first time to be a music tutor in a summer camp, I visited New York City not once, but 4 times. Despite the grueling 4-6 hour trip, and burning sun, it was all worthwhile as soon as I stepped out of the train and onto Grand Central Station. I adore New York City, and if I had to chance to visit again, I would book myself onto the next flight out.

NYC View
You can't go to NYC without experiencing shopping there at least once. With A&Fs, Hollisters, Sephoras galore, be sure not to miss out on the amazing prices that would blow your mind. Central Park is another must-go, with it's little streams and beautiful architecture, strolling under the summer sun was a much needed break from camp life. We also visited Times Square, where we just stood and looked at all the media surrounding us...and Picadilly Circus paled in comparison.


Getting Ready to Party in the Bronx
As our camp chef lived in the Bronx, we decided to visit there as well. Apparently the Bronx is separated into specific parts depending on their ethnic group, which I never knew, and we visited the Mexican populated area. We went to this lovely Mexican bar/club, where Spanish music ruled and we learned to dance Mexican style! Shopping in the Bronx was ridiculously cheap, and you can find some great fashion there. I got my Bearpaw uggs from the Bronx for just $20, which was $60 off RRP!!

K-Town
Whether you are Asian or not, K-Town is the place to be. With authentic Korean food that would put any Korean chain restaurant to shame, K-Town offers stunning eating areas and really good bibimbap. Of course, a trip to K-Town wouldn't be complete without a karaoke session, which was roughly $11 per head, and you can choose from your K-Pop faves to attempt to sing along to. I also had my first Maccy D in NYC, and the portion sizes really are huge compared to the UK but their breakfast is too good to be missed. Definitely try Maccy D USA style once, you won't regret it.

The Sanrio Store
Overall, I had an amazing time in NYC with some of the most amazing people I have met in my life. Every trip to NYC was enjoyable, and it really is a city of dreams. Just be careful of your bank balance, as every outing would set you back a lot. My luggage was filled to the max with A&F, Hollister, Forever 21, American Apparel, Pillow Pets, Bearpaws, Converse, Sephora, Metal Gear Solid and more!

Rating: 10/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment