Wednesday 24 September 2014

Curry Shack - Are You Ready to Sizzle?

Free-Range Chicken Curry
Last Friday, we went to the Real Food Market at the Southbank Centre, London, for lunch. With so much variety in foods, you are really spoiled for choice as soon as you arrive. One stood out to me, because their rich aroma caught my attention right away. I knew that my lunch will be from Curry Shack.

Upon arrival, you are immediately offered to try the curry. When I went, there were three types, from mildly spicy to very hot. All of their chicken is free-range, sourced from local farms and you can really taste the difference when you dig in. After you choose your curry, you can personalise your curry to your taste by adding in vegetables, spices or chilli if you wanted to. Not a fan of meat, no worries, Curry Shack also offer veggie options (so let me know how it goes =]! )

I went for the super hot one, which looked like a soup of lava (silly me), and it is definitely very spicy, so if you're not a spicy lover, I would recommend you stick with the milder choices available. After the first few bites, I had to get something to drink from another stall in the market. I can't remember the name, but their apple and cranberry juice was really good, despite being a bit lukewarm. Also, if you don't like bits in your juice, be sure to ask first, as my orange & mango gave me a little shock.

From just £6, it's a very reasonable price for the food you eat. I'm very glad I went for this option and would not hesitate to try it again next time I go to the Southbank Centre. Remember guys, Real Food Market is only on Fridays to Sunday (most of the time)!

Check out their website here, and discover your new favourite street food today:


Rating: 10/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment