Monday 8 September 2014

BeautyBlender - It Really Is Magic!

I've been using the BeautyBlender for about 5 months now, and I absolutely love it! Before getting the BeautyBlender, I either used a brush or my fingers. With the brush, it was always a bit too rough for my skin and irritated it, and with fingers, I was sometimes left with streaks, plus contouring was quite hard to achieve. So, I finally decided to get the BeautyBlender, and am so glad I did.

BeautyBlender Case
This sponge is so soft and the shape is really easy for applying makeup to your whole face, including those tight corners that you can sometimes miss. It is recommended you wet the sponge first (which literally doubles it's size), squeeze the excess water out, and towel dry it. You can then apply your foundation or concealer. I like to use my fingers to first dab a few dots of foundation on my face first. They recommend you to bounce the beautyblender softly on your face to blend the foundation, but I actually found that this can sometimes leave foundation looking like powder on your face in certain spaces. Instead, I like to use it as a brush, using the tip to blend the makeup outwards on my face. I found this motion actually creates a much more flawless effect for my face compared to bouncing it. Afterwards, I use concealer, and I use the wider round base to blend this in using a bouncing motion.

The beautyblender, wider at the bottom, thinner at the tip
It's really easy to maintain this product as well. I like to use baby shampoo to clean it right after I use it, towel dry it, and leave it in the original casing to air dry it when I go to work. At just £14 for one, it's definitely worth it and you achieve really beautiful flawless makeup as well. Contouring is so easy with the beautyblender as well, because the sponge is just perfect for blending the two colours together. Why spend a fortune on a brush kit, when you can have one to do pretty much everything?

Rating: 10/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment