Saturday 23 August 2014

The Red Lion - Great British Food at Decent Prices

Before today, I only knew the Red Lion to be a place to get a few drinks with friends. I had never considered their food menu, instead opting for a WKD or Smirnoff Ice. This may appear strange as normally I love pub food, but putting Red Lion and pub grub together never clicked in my head.

Interior of the Red Lion
That all changed today, as I went with my family to the local Red Lion (which I knew of before but completely forgot about!) to get some dinner with friends. The interior was lovely, with a standard British pub feel. I also have to say the seats were also so comfy! The staff were also great and very understanding. My parents don't speak very good English as they are Chinese, but our waitress, bless her, tried her best to decipher their responses.

Full Rack of Ribs, with Chips, Onion Rings and Peas

The menu was pretty standard, everything you would normally find in a pub. I ordered a full rack of ribs in BBQ sauce, with chips and peas, which was amazing! I need to get my hands on their supplier for peas because they tasted so fresh, as if they were just picked from the garden. The chips were also great, I normally dislike chunky chips, but the crisp outer coating and soft inners were cooked to perfection. My rack of ribs were also very delicious and easy to eat.

My Sister and Me
My family and their friends were also very happy with their meals. My sister, especially, loved her 'Hunter's Chicken' which consisted of chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese. It was definitely a very filling meal, which is always nice.

Rating: 9/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment