Saturday 9 August 2014

Marbs - Where Night Owls Rejoice

As I looked out of the plane window, I saw beautiful city lights shining below. It was only another 20 minutes or so until we land in Malaga. As this was my first trip to Spain, I was both excited and also a little nervous about stepping foot into Europe (this is only the second time I have entered EU, the first time was Amsterdam with my school for an art trip!).

We stayed at a hotel called H10, just a short drive and walk away from the busy Marbella nightlife. It was a pretty decent hotel with a lovely pool outside, and we had a small balcony with tables and chairs which is nice for relaxing in the afternoon. I actually lost my phone of the first night so unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures *sad face*.

Every night, we went to at least one club and didn't get back home until at least 5/6AM in the morning. We went to Linekers the most, as this was always open after around 10PM and had very cheap drinks. The people serving drinks also looked like they just stepped out of magazines! On top of this, there were a lot of hen nights there, where we were able to experience the weird and wonderful sides of hen dress ups. On the first night we went to Kube, which was just around the corner from Linekers, which was very pretty inside. The music was good and drinks were fairly priced. The next day we went to Aqwa Mist (just under La Sala restaurant), which I enjoyed the most and is definitely the club I would visit again next time (See my Blog Post!). Lastly, there was Tibu, which was paid entry and drinks were definitely on the more expensive side. It was nice inside, but the music was too dubstep for my taste.

My friend and I in Linekers
On top of the exciting nightlife, Marbella also offered many daytime treats. Our first morning was spent hunting for food, which happened to be just next to H10 hotel, and we had a nice English breakfast there. Beware, the bacon does taste different over there though! Afterwards, we spent a nice afternoon on a beach near our hotel. It was lovely lying there, enjoying the sun, although there are a few people who change on the beach without a towel! We also ate at La Sala, which was alright, they had a good selection of different foods for everyone. My friend and I actually spent most of our time in McDonalds, since they had the chicken McNuggets which UK McDonalds stopped serving.

My Suitcase:

4 Party dresses
2 Cami tops
2 T shirts
1 Gillet with hood
1 Small over the shoulder purse
3 Pairs of shorts
1 Cardigan
2 Pairs of heels (nude and black)
1 Pair of flip fops
1 Bikini
1 Pack of heatless curlers
400 Euros

Party lovers and night owls, Marbs is the place to go. Whether it's a hen party, graduation or just a trip with friends, this part of Spain offers affordable prices complimented with a lovely beachy feel.

Rating 8/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment