Sunday 3 August 2014

Drinks at El Camion - Soho, London

I've walked past El Camion many times whenever I've been to Soho, but never had a chance to go in until recently. We actually went to the Pink Chihuahua Cocktail Bar below the restaurant you see on the main road, which was for members only.

Our table
The whole atmosphere was authentic, and looked like I stepped into the Mexican bar I went to in the Bronx back in 2012. They had great music and our table was just amazing. I started off safely with a vodka cranberry, but was persuaded by my friends to try the Daiquiri Deluxe which is made with rum, pineapple, lime and orgeat. Normally I'm not a rum person but this was really good. It tasted a bit like pineapple slushie with an alcoholic kick to it. We also had Tequila shots, which my friend's friend insisted upon. Tequilas at El Camion are not served with salt and lime, instead they serve tequila with homemade sangrita, which literally burned your mouth!

Beautiful wall deco
Just be careful not to drink too much! I live outside London and getting home after those drinks (I'm a lightweight and I get Asian flush >.<!) was a bit of a nightmare. Despite this, it was a great night and I had the chance to catch up with my uni friends in this beautiful authentic bar.

Rating: 10/10

Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment