Saturday 15 November 2014

Ask Tiny! - Healthy Snacks for Work

Trying to stay healthy whilst working in an office can be hard, but there are so many different healthier choices to choose from. So, next time, instead of grabbing that bar of chocolate, try some of the below options instead which have less calories and good for your body.

Dried Fruit

This is the perfect alternative to sweet foods, as they taste great but you get your 5-a-day in as well. Dried cranberries are my personal favourite, but dried mango and apricots are also pretty yummy. They are also good for summer, as they don't melt like sweets and chocolate.

Fresh Fruit

Not a fan of dried fruit? Why not opt for fresh fruit instead. A much healthier option as well, although a little harder to bring to work in case you drop it or knock it against something, which can make some fruits a bit bruised or squished. However, pop it into a lunch box, and you get a perfect snack for any time of the day. Most fruits also have a great scent, so you can freshen up your office as well.

Fresh Vegetables


Not so much of a sweet-tooth? Why not try raw vegetables instead. These are great snacks to have, and you can have them either sliced up, as salad or even whole if you really wanted to. My favourites are peppers, cucumber sticks and cherry tomatoes. For salads, I like to use rocket, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers with a bit of olive oil and paprika.

Rice Crackers

Japanese rice crackers makes great snacks as they are filling but have pretty much no calories. They also taste great, in my opinion. Of course, opting for normal rice cakes is also good, although I find normal ones a little bit bland for my liking. Just be aware that these makes a loud crunch when your eating them!

Breadsticks


These are great for morning as breakfast food, as they are easy to store in the office and pretty addictive as well. I usually like to eat about 5-10 in the morning to give me some energy for the rest of the day.

Nuts



Again, like dried fruits and breadsticks, these are great for storing in the office. Nuts are especially good snacks to have for women, as they contain a high level of iron. I'm not a huge fan of nuts, but I will have peanuts once in while. Although, if they had roasted chestnuts for sale near me, I would be there everyday!

What are some of your favourite snacks to take to school or work? Let me know by commenting :)


Tiny x

No comments:

Post a Comment