Sunday 5 October 2014

Tonkotsu Ramen @ Japan Centre, London

Tonkotsu Ramen
London's Japan Centre is well known for providing rare Oriental groceries to the food market. However, they also have a tasty menu that rivals competitors in quality, taste & price. In Piccadilly Circus, you can find a small noodle stall outside the Japan Centre as well as another food stall inside before the elevator. Upstairs there is also a restaurant area where you can order food.

Not being a fan of takoyaki, which is essentially octopus within a batter and shaped like a sphere, I decided to try out the noodle menu outside. For this particular lunch, I chose to have the Tonkotsu Ramen, which was roughly £8, but you can choose to have 3 gyoza dumplings as well for the combined price of £10. I would have loved to try to gyoza but unfortunately I dislike eating too much for lunch and we were in a bit of a rush.

With the noodle, you have pork, egg & two types of seaweed, which all tasted great. I especially liked the seaweed and pork. The noodles were pretty good too. Don't be fooled by appearances, despite the relatively small ball, this was a very filling meal, I'm glad I chose to skip the gyoza that day! We sat on the tables outside next to the stall and they were very speedy with getting the food to our table. The only downside is people smoke outside next to the tables, which makes the food a little unappetizing.

Nonetheless, £8 for a meal, especially tonkotsu noodles is a good deal and I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch.

Rating: 8/10


Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment