Thursday 9 October 2014

Ask Tiny! - Packing for Hong Kong Part 2: Clothing

Packing clothes for Hong Kong was surprisingly easy. I knew I would be buying a lot there, so I only packed clothes for maximum 5 to 7 days. Even though Hong Kong is quite hot, even at this time of year, I still like to bring some cold weather clothing just in case the temperature decides to turn for the worse. Below are the clothing items I have packed, from head to toe.

1. Accessories

Bow Print Scarf & Grey Wooly Beanie Hat
 I love accessorizing with all kinds of scarfs and hats. I particularly like the bow print scarf because it's so cute and summery, perfect for hot weathers. The beanie is mainly for insurance in case the temperature does drop to 16 degrees centigrade.

2. Tops

Top Left-Down to Right: Blue Cami, Soul Cal Hoodie, G-Star T, Khaki Shirt, White Top
 For holidays, I like to pack clothes that are simple, comfortable and unique. These items are also great for layering, depending on the weather. You can also choose to go casual (e.g. G Star T-Shirt) or achieve a more smarter look (e.g. Khaki Shirt or Cami top with Blazer).

3. Bottoms

Charcoal & Black Skinnies, and Hollister Shorts
Skinny jeans, especially black skinny jeans compliment everything, at least that's what I've found. I love wearing jeans to create either a smart look or a casual look. Shorts are also great for summery weathers, and Hollister is one of my favourite brands. They are also one of the only clothing brands that make clothing that's stylish and for my size!

4. Shoes


Black Boots & Trainers
 If you're like me and you like to do shopping in comfort, opting for some good old Nike's will do the job. Or comfy boots from Debenhams are also a good investment in money.

5. Outerwear
Blazer, Cardigan and Double Breasted Trench Coat

Cardigans and blazers are great for layering up and down. Blazers give a more smart casual feel, whilst cardigans help in slightly cold but not freezing weathers. I love the 3/4 blazers as I usually roll my blazer sleeves up anyways, so these blazers saves me the hassle. I also love double breasted trench coats, they look so elegant and are perfect for whatever you're wearing.

6. Pyjamas
Tesco PJs and warm checkered PJ Bottoms
Sleeping in comfortable clothes is very important to me, and I found that Tesco actually stocks really comfy and affordable sleepwear. Plus they are so adorably cute, like the Bambi one above. I also have some checked PJ bottoms from summer camp in America and these are so versatile and easy to wear for lounging around the house.

7. Dresses

Purple Ruffle Dress

The image above is the closest thing I could find to my dress, which was from H&M. This is the dress that I will be wearing to the wedding ceremony in Hong Kong. I love ruffle dresses, as the material is quite thin and breathable. I also like the way the fabric falls.

Finally I'm taking a small black shoulder bag with me to carry money and my purse around in. I hate big bags when going shopping as your shoulder always hurts towards the end, so having a lighter and smaller bag is perfect for me personally.

Want to find out what I packed for my face care and make up? Click Here to read my previous blog post. Stay tuned for my final 'Packing for Hong Kong' blog series, which will focus on the tech-savvy compartment of my suitcase!


Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment