Thursday 30 October 2014

Ask Tiny! - Hong Kong Haul

We bought quite a lot from Hong Kong, although we didn't have much time to. Overall, I definitely bought less than I thought I would, as I only spent about £150-£200 on clothing and the rest on food and gifts. Mostly I shopped in the Mong Kok area as it was so cheap, but the quality wasn't too bad if you choose carefully.

1. Shoes


Ballet Pumps
You love shoes? Well you will absolutely fall in love with Hong Kong markets. I found so many small shoe stalls with so many great deals. I needed a pair of pumps for work, hence why I bought the above. However, I also love trainer wedges and booties, so I bought some of those too. I have to say, my favourite so far is definitely the trainer wedges because they are SO comfy!

Wedge Boots
Brown Pull-Up Boots
Trainer Wedges
2. Clothing

My main goal when shopping for clothes was to stock up on my summer wear, but being a jumper addict, I kept being drawn to winter wear. I wanted to buy more clothing, however I wasn't actually able to buy much as I usually only found one item of clothing I liked in every shopping mall we went to. In the end I bought 2 tops, 4 jumpers and 1 pair of shorts.

Clothing Haul
3. Beauty

I popped into a few beauty stores including Colourmix and Sasa, but bought the majority of my face care products in Etude House. They gave free gifts that day if you bought 2 products of the same line, so I stocked up on foundation and BB Cream. The free gifts include a Baking Soda face wash, eye makeup remover, another face wash and a sample. I also received Korean beauty masks from my boyfriend's mum, as well as the White Pearl My Beauty Diary mask box as well.

Beauty Products
4. Food & Kitchen


Food!
As we had about 20kg left by the last day, we decided to stock up on our food. From instant noodles (Shin Ramyun!) to Korean pastes to instant curries. It may not look like a lot in the picture above, but I think I actually bought 5 packs of noodles as well as 9 curries! It definitely helped fill up our leftover space! We also found a really cute cutlery store, where we bought a ceramic peeler and a Doraemon ladle.

Ceramic Peeler & Ladle
5. Gifts for Others


Gifts for my Sister
In the end, I think I bought about the same amount for my family and friends as gifts as things I bought for myself. As my sister loves stationary, I bought her lots of stickers and crafty stuff as well as this really cute pink satchel I saw in a shopping mall. I also bought the Black Pearl My Beauty Diary mask box for a friend, and masks & things to help with backache for my parents.

Beauty
Of course, I didn't forget about the food! I'm sure Studio Ghibli fans will recognise the sweets from Grave of the Fireflies. Other from this, I also got some famous almond biscuits from Macao and general snacks.
Food
6. Gifts I Received

I received a lot of gifts in Hong Kong, from hospitality from my boyfriend's family to lots of tourism in Hong Kong. I'm so grateful that they let me stay and even helped me shop for gifts for my family. His grandma also took me to a jewellery store and bought me a gold bracelet, which is so cute but I was scared of wearing it in Hong Kong in case it got stolen!!

Gold Bracelet Gift
I wish I had more time to shop in Hong Kong and can't wait to go back to visit. As I mentioned above, I love my Trainer Wedges, I think they are my Hong Kong haul favourite! What's your favourite thing bought on holiday? Let me know in the comments below :)!


Tiny


No comments:

Post a Comment