Friday 10 October 2014

Ask Tiny! - Packing for Hong Kong Part 3: Top 10 Tech for Holiday

I am a self-proclaimed tech lover, and I hate leaving the house without all my essentials. Hence why I made extra effort to ensure that all my electronics are safely packed and ready for holiday!

10. Spare Battery for Cameras
Why not? If your camera suddenly runs out of battery in the middle day, you're stuck with the iPhone to take pictures...which isn't bad, but not great for taking quality photos.

9. Portable Charger
If you haven't got one of these already, I highly recommend you pop by a tech store and get your hands on one. These are ridiculously useful, especially for travel and holidays, as you can charge these overnight. They are also super light and easy to carry around.

8. Spare Memory Card
These days, good cameras take up a lot of memory space, so having a spare means that you don't have to go through all the pictures and try to delete some to save space.

7. Apple Headphones
I love Apple headphones as they are great for changing music on the go. You can also use it to talk to Siri (always makes a long journey fun) or to Skype with family outside of the place you are staying at.

6. Sony Headphones
I also like to pack one over-the-ear headphones as well, mainly because they look awesome, but they are also great to cancelling out noise if you wanted a quiet stroll through the streets.

5. NDS Lite
For all you gamers out there, an NDS is perfect for passing time on transport. It's pretty light, portable and has hours upon hours of fun & games. I personally enjoy playing Pokemon or a bit of Mario.

4. Camera
Invest in a good camera, because the possibilities will be endless. I like to take pictures of scenery with a lot of detail so having a slightly high end camera is essential for me. You could of course opt for the lighter and easier digital camera which will still do the trick.

3. Laptop
Got to keep up with my blogging right? Bringing along a laptop, despite it's weight, means you can stay in touch with friends and family easily. You can also use it during the day or at night to maybe edit photos or videos. I'm taking mine simply because I enjoy typing on a keyword instead of a touchpad.

2. iPhone or Smartphone
iPhone is just a necessity for me as it has all my favourite apps like instagram, as well as my photo editors (Meitu). I like to use the iPhone to take pictures during the day and edit them on the go. It's also very useful as a map around the city, or even as just a phone and calling people.

1. iPad Mini
For me, the iPad Mini is number 1, because it is relatively small but big on the inside. All my favourite apps are on there, as well as my music so having it with me is essential.

What are some of your favourite tech and electronics to take on holiday? Let me know in the comments below! Take a look at Part 1 and Part 2 of my packing for Hong Kong series too :)


Tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment