Saturday 18 July 2015

July Faves - Top 5

Hi Tinies,

Superdrug has recently become one of my favourite beauty and skincare go-to stores recently, especially this month! I found a great product range, at a good price as well, and here are my Top 5 buys for July 2015.

5. Garnier Ambre Solair - Dry Mist (SPF 50)


Even though we've been blessed with very little sun in the UK this summer, I still enjoy sitting in the sun when it does decide to come out of hiding. However, the sun can be very harmful to skin, and I usually find that if I sit in the sun (even for a little more than 10 minutes), my skin reacts badly to it. This normally takes form in red rashes on my skin, which are just awful to tolerate for the rest of the working day.

In the past, the sun lotions I have used were very heavy and made my skin feel sticky and greasy. I'm so glad I decided to try Garnier's Dry Mist sun protection because it really does stick to what it claims. When you spray it, you can hardly see the product apart from very fine white spots which you can just massage into the skin. It's non greasy, non sticky, so light and smells pretty good as well. I would definitely recommend using this if you hate having that sticky skin feeling. It's also great for your face if your makeup doesn't have SPF protection, just rub it into your skin after you put on primer, and just apply foundation/BB cream as usual.

Rating: 10/10

4. Calvin Klein - Eternity Moment


As I mentioned in my post on Boot's new Ted Baker collection, I bought 2 body sprays. However as they are EDTs, they usually don't last very long. It was pure chance that 'Eternity Moment' was on offer when I was in Superdrug, and I immediately fell in love with the scent. It's an eau de parfum which means it lasts longer due to a higher oil to water ratio in the fragrance, and it's just the perfect summer scent as it is floral & fruity. After 6 hours, the scent was slightly faded but still there, meaning less top ups throughout the day.

Rating: 10/10

3. / 2. / 1.



I've put these three together as they are all part of of Bourjois' makeup collection and definitely my favourite July products overall. I would put Healthy Mix at number 1, and the Primer and Powder as tied at 2 and 3. But when using these products together, I've enjoyed flawless skin which takes minimal effort on a daily basis. Bourjois also have a huge selection of colours to choose from, which makes finding your perfect shade that much easier.

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer

This is the slightly peachy coloured middle product in the image above. I especially like this Primer because it leaves your skin very soft and creates an excellent base for makeup.

Rating: 10/10

Bourjois Healthy Balance Matt Finishing Powder

The matt finishing powder gives a very unified finish and is great for creating that finished look. The only problem is that it doesn't come with anything to apply the powder with, but I had a spare foundation pad that I use instead. As the name implies, it creates a very matt effect, so be sure to contour & highlight if you would like some dimension to your face!

Rating: 7/10

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

I used to use Healthy Mix before I was using BB Cream and in all honesty loved it. I've decided to restock my cupboards because it gives more coverage as well as a more natural look. You really don't need much of the product, one pump is enough to cover your whole face, which is good as you can save a little extra on makeup.

Rating: 10/10

Overall, I'm super happy with my Bourjois purchases, and there was a 3 for 2 offer which was an added bonus :)

What are your favourite July products? Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment