Wednesday 13 May 2015

May Skincare Routine

Hi Tinies,

Since my last skincare post, I've been following an amended Korean skincare routine to the one I found on wengie's Blog. So far, it's been working well and and I've really enjoyed looking after my skin for the last few weeks. Below, I will outline my steps and the products that I use to keep my skin soft, clean and healthy.



Step 1. Remove Makeup (evening only)



This is particularly important if you wear makeup during the day. I use Nivea cleansing wipes and my Simple cleansing lotion to remove the majority of my makeup.

Step 2. Cleanse (every day, morning and evening) & Exfoliate (1-3 times a week)



I recommend exfoliating 1 to 3 times a week, as too much exfoliating will damage your skin. I've always loved using Cure, which is originally from Japan. They currently do not have an official standalone store in the UK, but you can buy it online from Amazon or YesStyle. I also like using the baking powder cleansing foam from Etude House which I purchased in Hong Kong last year. Both are really good for getting rid of all that makeup and dead skin from your face, leaving your skin soft and clean.

Normally, after using the exfoliator, I use my pobling Sonic Cleanser with my Simple moisturising facial wash to prep my face for moisturising. I make sure my face is covered with the Simple moisturising facial wash, and then use the Sonic Cleanser to gently massage my face in circular motions. This also helps prep your skin for better absorption of serums, toners and moisturisers.

When I'm not using exfoliators and my Sonic Cleanser, I usually just stick with the Simple moisturising facial wash instead. I'm not a huge fan of foaming cleansers as they tend to leave my skin too clean and stripped of its natural oils. The Simple range is definitely kinder to skin.

Step 3. Toner & Serum

Currently, I'm on the hunt for my next toner and serum. I will probably by both from Lancome in the next few weeks. Toners are important as they neutralise the pH of your skin as well as helping the absorption of serums and moisturisers more effective. Serums help target specific problems you may have with your skin e.g. regenerating serums. I would normally use toner twice a day, and serums in the evening only.

Step 4. Face Masks (evening, 2 times a week or as often as you can)



Face masks are vital for hydrating you face. I try to use them whenever I have time, and I've got a stockpile of My Beauty Diary masks which you can buy from YesStyle. They are quite expensive in the UK, so if you're off to East Asia soon, I would recommend you buy a few boxes as they are super cheap there (£3-£5)!

Step 5. Moisturiser

Finally, I use moisturiser as the last step to my skincare routine. I'm currently using the Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream for both day and night, however I will be switching to the Lancome moisturiser I bought for my mum for Christmas last year.

Other Things to Keep in Mind

Apart from a regular skincare routine, to keep your skin truly healthy, make sure to drink lots of water during the day. It will help flush all those nasty toxins out of your body. I also like to get a decent nights sleep as it gives your skin time to relax and heal. Finally, diet plays a big part as well, so don't eat too much fast food!

Which routine do you follow for your skincare? Let me know in the comments below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment